Thirty-five University of Arkansas – Fort Smith students were matched with a community business leader and UAFS young alumni for the second year of the UAFS Alumni Association’s Mentor Connections program during a kickoff event on the UAFS campus.
The Mentor Connections program allows students to gain experience from a successful community business professional and recently-graduated alumni in the student’s field of study. The groups meet once per month and discuss both personal and professional topics. The program’s goal is for the students to build confidence, gain knowledge, and build connections that will help them succeed in their chosen career field.
Students, young alumni, and executive mentors are:
- Kelcie Atwell of Mountainburg, accounting major; Evean Ward, Ernst & Young; and Philip Merry, Galagher Insurance.
- Luis Aguilar of Van Buren, double major in accounting and business administration; Matt Przybysz, Przybysz & Accociates, CPAs; and Barbara Hambrick, Beal Barclay.
- Rebecca Bolton of Booneville, double major in accounting and business administration; Katie Kidwell, Glaxo Smith Kline; and Barbara Bethell, First National Bank.
- Beth Busby of Fort Smith, organizational leadership major; Adam Shaw, USA Truck Manager of Technical Development; and Donna Bragg, Sparks Health System.
- Isai Carranza of Rogers, international business major; Gabriel Garcia, Walmart; and Conaly Bedell, International Consultant based in Fort Smith.
- Tammy Cline of Fort Smith, accounting major; Mitch Minnick, Fort Smith Housing Authority; and Robert Halliburton, Centennial Bank.
- Becky Dayberry of Stillwell, Okla., business administration major; Christie Turner, ArcBest; and Bennie Westphal, Ozark Oil & Gas.
- Phillip Dyer of Hackett, business administration major; Melanie Keith, ArcBest; and Sandy Dixon, Turn Key Construction.
- Victoria Emerson of Fort Smith, accounting major; Dallas Kuper, Smith Auto Group Sales; and Jo Ellen Carson, State of Arkansas.
- Charitee Evans of Wilburton, Okla., finance major; Lindsey Robinson, ArcBest; and Tracey Geren, Weldon, Williams & Lick.
- Evan Gentry of Fort Smith, accounting major; Tamara Fitzpatrick, Fort Smith Chamber of Commerce; and Melissa Hanesworth, Pernod Richard USA.
- Cynthia Harrison of Fort Smith, business administration major; Staci Lowe, Citizens Bank & Trust; and Catherine Frederick, Do South Magazine.
- Jeanetta Henry of Fort Smith, organizational leadership major; Christopher Cluck, Beall Barclay; and Susan Grobmyer, Centennial Bank.
- Lisa Huynh of Fort Smith, double major in accounting and finance; Robert Jetton; Stephens Production; and Lee Ann Vick, Weldon, Williams & Lick.
- Jordan Johns of Alma, accounting major; Brian Williams, Arvest Bank; and David Craig, October Wealth Advisors.
- Robert Lopez of Fort Smith, double major in accounting and business administration; Jacob Embry, Beall Barclay; and Norman Wilkinson, Farmers Bank.
- Matthew Luce of Heavener, Okla., finance major; Zach Worley, MidSouth Financial Services; and Tonya Roberts, Bancorp South.
- Eric Manning of Porter, Texas, business administration major; Amy Snell, ABF Logistics; and Jason Green, Baldor.
- Spencer Meares of Fort Smith, accounting major; Colton Clark, Ameriprise Financial; and Fred Williams, Williams/Crawford & Associates.
- Quynh Nguyen of Fort Smith, business administration major; Claudia Rucchio, Fort Smith Symphony; and Bill Hanna, Hanna Oil & Gas.
- Remington Pate of Greenwood, business administration major; Shannon Laxon, Rheem Manufacturing; and Judy McReynolds, ArcBest.
- Alicia Patterson of Fort Smith, double major in organizational leadership and business administration; Ethan Adamson, First Financial Mortgage; and Jim Walcott, Weldon, Williams & Lick.
- Allyson Peek of Avery, Texas, finance major; Eric Smithson, ABF Logistics; and Warren Rapert, Trans-Trade Inc.
- Christopher Peraza of Van Buren, marketing major; Amanda Coffman, Williams/Crawford & Associates; and Kenneth Siebenmorgen, Amerprise Financial.
- Coral Polk of Fort Smith, business administration major; Brandon Parker, Carrot Dirt Organics; and Amy Johnson, Rheem Manufacturing.
- Kory Reed of Morrow, finance major; Ashley Jones, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency; and Elizabeth Echols, Bank of Oklahoma.
- Jose Rivera of Van Buren, finance major; Jordan Hale, University of Arkansas – Fort Smith; and Ivy Owen, Fort Chaffee Redevelopment Authority.
- Colton Smith of Fort Smith, finance major; Sarah Drummond, Zero Mountain Inc.; and Jim Fourmy, First National Bank.
- Megan Smith of Fort Smith, marketing major; Jeremy May, ArcBest; and Steve Clark, Propak Logistics.
- Sidera Tidwell of Fort Smith, accounting major; Amy Lewis Douglas, O.K. Foods Inc.; and Lawson Hembree, Merrill Lynch.
- Aaron Toth of Fort Smith, accounting major; Shannan Walker, ABF Logistics; and Sam Fiori, K-Mac Enterprises.
- David Trotter of Ozark, business administration major; Rikki Hobbs, Shared Services Center of Fort Smith; and Sue Plattner-Smith, Merrill Lynch.
- Zachary Vann of Alma, finance major; Casey Millspaugh, UPS; and Mat Pitsch, Western Arkansas Planning and Development District.
- Linda Vichith of Fort Smith, international business major; Keith Lux, Ameriprise Financial; and Lap Bui, Baldor.
- Alexandra Wilson of Greenwood, marketing major; Will Fogleman, McCourt Manufacturing; and Sara Adams, Brick City.
For more information on the Mentor Connection program or how to become involved, contact Rick Goins, alumni director, at 479-788-7026 or email@example.com.