Debbie Breedlove-Sharp (left) stands beside Vice Chancellor Brad Sheriff before receiving
a framed Bell Tower painting in recognition of her 40 years of service to UAFS.
The University of Arkansas – Fort Smith honored 46 employees at a bi-annual staff meeting Feb. 22 for their years of service at UAFS, including one employee honored for 40 years of employment with the institution.
Debbie Breedlove-Sharp of Roland, Okla., associate controller for finance and business services, was recognized by Brad Sheriff, vice chancellor for finance and administration, for four decades of service to UAFS. In recognition, she was given a framed painting of the Bell Tower on campus and was lauded by Sheriff for her breadth of knowledge and strong leadership abilities.
Additionally, 45 other employees were recognized at the meeting for varying years of employment:
5 Years of Service:
- Doug Blair of Mountainburg, trainer with the Commercial Driver’s Licensure program.
- Stephen Brodie of Van Buren, science specialist with the STEM Education Center.
- Sheila Davis of Pocola, Okla., administrative specialist with the Early Childhood Pre-School program.
- Prabath Delpechitre of Fort Smith, lead PC systems analyst with the Technology Services Office.
- Mary Gentry of Fort Smith, PC systems analyst with the Technology Services Office.
- Sarah Green of Mulberry, program coordinator and advisor with the Western Arkansas Technical Center.
- Danielle Jolie of Fort Smith, director of academic services in the College of Applied Science and Technology.
- Yolanda Kilgore of Lavaca, part-time administrative specialist with Student Support Services.
- Robert Long of Little Rock, financial data analyst with the Technology Services Office.
- Jan Martinez of Hackett, administrative specialist with the Admissions Office.
- Sandy Mayhan of Vian, Okla., administrative specialist with the College of Communication, Languages, Arts and Social Sciences.
- Tara Mishra of Fort Smith, director of instructional support.
- Brett Nelson of Van Buren, administrative assistant in the Office of the Assistant Provost.
- Mike Patterson of Branch, skilled tradesman in Plant Operations.
- Bill Pierce of Fort Smith, director of Plant Operations.
- Laura Reehl of Fort Smith, senior ticketing specialist in the Campus and Community Events Office.
- Natalie Rice of Charleston, IT telephone analyst with the Technology Services Office.
- Savanna Robison of Barling, assistant director of the Western Arkansas Technical Center.
- Brittany Slamons of Fort Smith, director of student support services.
- Gary Strange of Van Buren, skilled tradesman in Plant Operations.
- Bruce Stroud of Greenwood, skilled tradesman in Plant Operations.
- Kim Tomlinson of Fort Smith, advising coordinator in the College of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
- Shanna Turney of Fort Smith, professional advisor in the Advisement Office.
- Cory Williams of Fort Smith, fitness coordinator in the Recreation and Wellness Center.
10 Years of Service:
- Lisa Beshears of Fort Smith, administrative specialist in the School of Education.
- Rhonda Boyd of Van Buren, buyer in the Procurement Services Office.
- Greg Gilliam of Fort Smith, instructional lab assistant in the Recreation and Wellness Center.
- Wesley Hooks of Fort Smith, technical coordinator in the Campus and Community Events Office.
- Lance Killough of Van Buren, buyer in the Procurement Services Office.
- Joshua Newman of Fort Smith, head coach of the men’s basketball team.
- Meighan Pendergrass of Fort Smith, director of the Recreation and Wellness Center.
- Andrew Rish of Van Buren, HVAC specialist in Plant Operations.
- Lori Robertson-Harper of Van Buren, benefits specialist in the Human Resources Office.
- Kara Smith of Fort Smith, administrative specialist in the College of Communication, Languages, Arts and Social Sciences.
- Christy Stanfill of Greenwood, administrative specialist in the School of Education.
- Dave Stevens of Fort Smith, dean of students.
- Jennifer Taylor of Alma, instructional lab assistant with the Academic Success Center.
- Mary Young of Fort Smith, coach of the pom squad.
15 Years of Service:
- Staci Zimmer of Greenwood, assistant director of human resources.
- Debbie Minton of Fort Smith, registrar assistant and switchboard operator in the Student Affairs Office.
20 Years of Service:
- Jo Donna Collins of Fort Smith, service desk assistant in the Technology Services Office.
- Annette Tyson of Greenwood, IT specialist in the Technology Services Office.
- Linda Parker of Rudy, administrative specialist in the College of Applied Science and Technology.
25 Years of Service:
- Patti Haberer of Van Buren, technical assistant in the Boreham Library.
- Helen Seibold of Fort Smith, assistant to the vice chancellor of finance and administration.
Employees having served for five years received an engraved paperweight, 10 years received an art glass paperweight, 15 years received a UAFS pen and pencil set, 20 years received a personalized zenith acrylic, and 25 years received a personalized engraved rosewood box.
The 46 employees represent a combined 440 years of employment with the university.
About the University of Arkansas - Fort Smith
The University of Arkansas – Fort Smith is the premiere regional institution of Western Arkansas, connecting education with careers and serving as a driver of economic development and quality of place in the greater Fort Smith region. Through a small campus, dedicated professors, and the university’s unique bond with its community, students at UAFS are able to do more in the areas they are passionate about, both on- and off-campus, in a way that prepares them for post-graduate success. To find out how you can do more at UAFS, visit www.uafs.edu.