Thirty-six University of Arkansas Fort Smith employees were honored for their years of service to the university at a bi-annual staff meeting Feb. 28.
5 Years of Service:
- Jennifer Belt of Van Buren, assistant to the Chancellor.
- Susan Buchanan of Fort Smith, administrative specialist in the Honors International Studies Program.
- Mary Lackie of Fort Smith, vice chancellor for university advancement and executive director of the UAFS Foundation.
- Jason McGee of Cameron, website administrator.
- Brian O’Connor of Fort Smith, head trainer of athletics.
- Mandy Osburn of Mulberry, director of financial operations for the UAFS Foundation.
- Jason Phillips of Fort Smith, public services librarian.
- Lacey Ruminer of Fort Smith, retention advisor for the student support services grant.
- Jordan Ruud of Fort Smith, public services librarian.
10 Years of Service:
- Anita Collier of Charleston, budget director in the Finance and Administration Office.
- Judy Ferguson of Fort Smith, registrar’s assistant in the Records Office.
- Jonathan Gipson of Magazine, sports information director.
- Diana Hall of Greenwood, assistant to the Dean of the College of Applied Science and Technology.
- Lisa Lee of Lavaca, fiscal support supervisor.
- Stephanie London of Van Buren, director of student activities and coordinator of assessment.
- Jessica Martin of Fort Smith, editor in the Marketing and Communications Office.
- Faith Myers of Greenwood, fiscal support specialist in the Business Office.
- Rose Perkins of Bonanza, administrative specialist in Plant Operations.
- Pam Phillips of Fort Smith, director of accounts receivable in the Business Office.
- Stephany Ramsey of Fort Smith, administrative assistant in the Career Services Office.
- Melissa Reynolds of Greenwood, registrar’s assistant.
- Donna Scott of Fort Smith, integrated classroom instructor in the Western Arkansas Technical Center.
- Darren Smith of Fort Smith, senior PC systems analyst.
- Shane White of Fort Smith, senior systems administrator.
15 Years of Service:
- Charlene Polk of Alma, administrative specialist in the College of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
- Lori Jones of Van Buren, advising coordinator in the College of Health Sciences.
- Kim Perry of Fort Smith, guided study specialist in the Academic Success Center.
- JoAnn Chandler of Fort Smith, advising coordinator in the College of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
- Melanie Dyer of Alma, fiscal support specialist in the Business Office.
20 Years of Service:
- Janet Mailer of Fort Smith, administrative specialist in the College of Communications, Languages, Arts and Social Sciences.
- Valarie Arnoldussen of Fort Smith, payroll services manager in the Business Office.
- Jane Sargent of Fort Smith, head coach of women’s volleyball.
30 Years of Service:
- Rhonda Caton of Fort Smith, director of procurement in the Business Office.
- Linda Maness of Greenwood, reproduction equipment operator in the Technology Services Office.
- Linda Turner of Alma, assistant to the dean of the College of Communications, Languages, Arts and Social Sciences.
- Robert Wilson of Muldrow, controller in the Business Office.
Employees having served for five years received an engraved paperweight, 10 years received an art glass paperweight, 15 years received a UAFS pen and pencil set, 20 years received a personalized zenith acrylic, and 30 years received an engraved lion statue.
The 36 employees represent a combined 450 years of employment with the university.