The University of Arkansas – Fort Smith honored 39 employees Feb. 27 at the bi-annual all-staff meeting for their years of service at UAFS.
Of those employees, 10 had served more than 20 years with the institution. Seven employees with 20 years of service were: Terri Bailey, accompanist in the Music Department; Ruth Francis, information technology specialist; Bea Graham, administrative specialist with the Records Department; Karen Harmon, administrative assistant with the Center for Business and Professional Development; Dre' McCaleb, director of Enrollment Management; Ron Orick, executive director of Career Services; and Dianna Werthmuller, library technician.
Three employees were honored for 30 years of service, including Cheryl Davis, manager of customer support with Information Technology Services; Tammy Vanourny, administrative specialist in the Dental Hygiene Department; and Dr. Becky Timmons, director of Academic Assessment and Accountability.
Twenty-nine other employees were recognized at the meeting for varying years of employment:
Five years of service:
- Meagan Bowling, associate registrar with the Records Office
- Rick Goins, director of Alumni Affairs
- Ashley Goodson, director of Campus and Community Events
- Jenny Hubbell, employee recruitment specialist with Human Resources
- Stacie Kohles, cheerleading coach with UAFS Athletics
- Mariann Morrett, CDL trainer with the Center for Business and Professional Development
- Zachary Phillips, skilled tradesman with Plant Operations
- Tommye Robinson, compliance coordinator with UAFS Athletics
- Daniel Wiggins, senior graphic designer with Marketing and Communications
10 years of service:
- Clint Brooks, instructional designer with Instructional Support
- Van Brown, CDL trainer with the Center for Business and Professional Development
- Becky Bufkin, administrative specialist in the College of Health Sciences
- Rick Bynum, assistant director of Plant Operations
- Susan Cowan, instructional lab assistant with the Academic Success Center
- Blake Frost, IT project manager with Information Technology Services
- Jenn Jennings Davis, executive director of the Office of P-20 Collaboration
- Danny Kirk, mail services coordinator for Shipping and Receiving
- Gini Law, piano accompanist in the Music Department
- Anna Layne, associate registrar with the Records Office
- Danielle Ritch, payroll services specialist with Finance and Business Services
- Dave Robertson, director of the Center for Business and Professional Development
- Jeanie Sutton, assistant to the dean of the College of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Stacey Waldrop, assistant to the director of Plant Operations
- Wayne Womack, registrar with the Records Office
- Linda Word, grants and contracts manager with Finance and Business Services
15 years of service:
- Kimi Hayden, administrative specialist with the Western Arkansas Technical Center
- BJ McKim, administrative specialist in the Music and Humanities departments
- Julie Mosley, director of R.O.A.R. First-Year Advising Center
- Anne Thomas, director of planned giving with University Advancement
The UAFS Student Government Association also awarded Jennifer Holland, executive director of student retention, the Mark Horn Staff Appreciation Award.
Employees having served for five years received an engraved paperweight, 10 years received an art glass paperweight, 15 years received a UAFS pen and pencil set, 20 years received a personalized zenith acrylic, and 30 years received a lion statue with a personalized engraved plaque.
The 39 employees represent a combined 495 years of employment with the university.